4-night Merrytime cruise out of Galveston - Day 4 - At Sea

At Sea

I woke up before everyone else (we had gained an hour so I got a good night sleep) and quietly escaped up to the gym on deck 10. I was going to be teaching BODYPUMP the next day so I went through all my tracks and did the full workout. Lunges are really hard on a moving ship! Are you wondering about my phone? It was working! Hooray! After workout, Emmaline and Roger met me at Cabanas and the folks there just had to deal with stinky, sweaty me! We went back to the room and I showered and we started to pack things up. I got one suitcase packed with our dressy clothes, pirate costumes and other stuff we wouldn’t be needing.


At 10, Emmaline went to Edge while Roger and I went to “Brainteasers Trivia” in the Crown and Finn Pub. It was really hard. It wasn’t so much trivia as riddles and trick questions. We did terrible but it was still fun. After that, it was time to learn to draw Daisy. We came a few minutes early and Gus was drawing Marie who I adore so I tried my hand at it. I didn’t do too badly. Then he did Stitch and we also attempted that by just following along. Then we drew Daisy and after that Daisy came out and took photos with everyone and she was just the best Daisy ever. She was SUPER hamming it up. It was really hilarious.


After that it was time for lunch and we were DONE with Cabanas so we went to Tritans where I had my favorite lunch. The farfalle pasta was absolutely amazing. Roger liked his and Emmaline was also happy with her meal. Hot fresh food!


After that we took photos with Daisy and Donald in their cute outfits and immediately following them, Goofy and Pluto came out in their holiday outfits. They were super fun and we got cute photos. After that we went back to the room and did some more packing before Roger and I went to watch The Eternals in the Buena Vista Theatre. Emmaline went to Edge for awhile and also went to Villains Trivia, went to “Mousketeer Madness” (which is what they are calling “Who Wants to be a Mousketeer” these days), and had ice cream on deck 9. We both enjoyed the movie but the theatre was so incredibly cold, it was distracting. Honestly, everywhere on the ship was cold and I wore a sweater almost the whole cruise but the theatre was absolutely arctic. It was really distracting.

After the movie was over, it was almost time for dinner and my phone wasn’t working again. So I messed around with that for awhile and then continued packing until it was time for our final dinner - this time in Triton’s. I really love Triton’s. I think of all the restaurants onboard, it’s my favorite menu! We all enjoyed our meal very much and we bid our servers farewell. After dinner Emmaline desperately wanted to go to “Mousketeer Madness” again because she’s bound and determined to get her number called. It wasn’t called and I have to confess, I thought it was terribly boring. The questions were all pretty easy/obvious and more geared towards kids and it just felt like it dragged on forever. We went back to the room and finished packing. We got the suitcases put into the hallway, set our alarms for early (no early morning workout for me) and went to bed.

Click here for Day 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland