Italy November 2005 - Day 9 - London and Travel

London and Home

We woke up on Saturday morning in London and I was still feeling awful. I dragged myself out of bed, took a hot steamy shower and we headed downstairs for breakfast. I thought I had booked us in hotels with included breakfast in all our European locations, however, apparently breakfast wasn't included in our London hotel and they wanted £11 each for continental breakfast. We decided with me not feeling well that we didn't want to run around trying to find breakfast in the cold drizzle so we gave in and ate at the hotel.

We decided to head out to the Tower of London so we took the tube. When we arrived, we found that they wanted nearly £15 for admission and since we weren't going to spend too much time there, we decided that was too much and opted to jump back onto the sightseeing bus again.



After awhile we hopped off and found a bite to eat for lunch before heading back to the hotel to check out and take the long tube ride back to Heathrow. It turns out that the Heathrow airport works much the same at the Gatwick airport. You wait in a central lounge area where they have a lot of shopping and food until your gate is displayed on a departures board. The flight back felt super long and we arrived into Chicago around 7 PM. I had originally intended to meet up with Juliet, however I called her and explained that I was sick and exhausted and we'd need to meet up another time.

We caught a shuttle to our hotel, checked in and grabbed a quick snack. I took another hot bath before bed. By this time Roger realized that he had some down with whatever nastiness I was battling. We woke up fairly early the next morning; I think our bodies were confused. We took the shuttle back to the Chicago O' Hare airport and navigated our way through that zoo of an airport for our flight back to Austin and home at last!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland