2006 Frosty’s 5k

I had a serious PR today at Frosty's 5k. Now, admittedly, the course was pretty flat, however, I did have a bit of a headwind in a couple of places which slowed me down in those spots. Headwind aside, the flat course helped and I did it!

I don't have the official chip time yet, but my watch says 29:56 (9:39/mi pace) which smashes my previous PR by over 4 minutes! (Edit: The chip time was 29:50, so a few seconds better than I thought.)

My goal for the coming year in the 5k was going to be to get it under 30 minutes. Looks like I need to revise my future goals!

Splits:
Mile 1 9:28
Mile 2 9:51
Mile 3 9:38
last .1 :58 (9:37/mi pace)

When I saw that I ran the first mile in under 10 minutes, I got really worried that I went out too fast but I was actually feeling pretty good so I just decided to keep the same pace. I slowed slightly for a small hill and headwind just after mile 1. When I passed mile 2 and realized I was still running at under a 10 minute mile, I figured I would just keep it up as long as I could. At around 2.5 miles, I readjusted my form and really tried to push it in. At the end, at mile 3, I looked at my watch and saw that I was at 29 minutes and realized if I kept pushing, I could get in under 30 minutes. I pushed as hard as I could (which was really the same pace I had been going) and came in just under the 30 minute mark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland