Disney Magic 5-night Spring Break Cruise - Day 4 - At Sea

At Sea

Our day at sea promised to be jam packed with activities. Once again, I awoke to the sounds of the neighbors alarm clock. This time they weren’t so snooze-happy and I was able to get back to sleep. Still, as per usual, I awoke before anyone else and went to have a snack on deck 9. I came back to the room and Emmaline and Roger woke up and got ready. At 9:15 Emmaline went off to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique with my mom supervising while I went to spin class and Roger went for a run on deck 4. I believe Steve relaxed in their stateroom.

My spin class was a great workout and I enjoyed it very much. After class at 10, I met Emmaline and my mom back at our stateroom where I did some slight hair restyling to add the special Rapunzel hair piece I made to go with her dress before I took Emmaline to the princess meet and greet at 10:15. After the princess meet, Roger met us in the atrium and he and Emmaline went off to meet Captain America at 10:45 while I went back to the room to shower (I went to the princess meet still sweaty) in preparation for a visit to Palo with my mom and Steve for brunch.



At 11:30 I met up with them and the three of us went up to Palo where we had an amazing brunch. Roger and I have had dinner in Palo twice and while it’s good, and nice to get away just the two of us, I was never wowed by the food. I was wowed at brunch, though. It was so delicious. The antipasti was always my favorite at dinner and this was antipasti on steroids. It was so good. I think I sampled almost all the dessert items! The chocolate covered strawberries were amazing and that little cream puff with the hazelnut cream was one of my favorites. I did order the artichoke ravioli off the menu and they were good, but the other items at the buffet were better.



While we were dining at Palo, Roger and Emmaline went the Frozen meet and greet at 11:30 and then to Shutters to look at our photos. After that, they continued their daddy/daughter time with lunch together in Lumiere’s before doing some shopping and then returning to the stateroom to relax and await our return.

We returned from Palo and I took Emmaline to the character dance party at 1:15 (which was inexplicably on the paper Navigator but not in the Navigator app on the phone so I almost missed it). After that, we returned to the room to consider our options and decided upon towel folding at 2 PM. Towel folding was a lot more fun than I anticipated and Emmaline was pretty good at it. In Alaska in August, she had a private towel folding session with our stateroom host so maybe she retained some of that!



After that, Emmaline and I went up to deck 9 for a “snack” before going back to the atrium to meet up with everyone to watch Jack Jack’s Diaper Dash at 3. After laughing at the babies, at 3:15 we went to O’Gills Pub, er, I mean, the Snugly Duckling to see what the Snugly Duckling takeover was all about. They sang some songs and then played “Thugo” (a quick game of free Bingo with Rapunzel characters). Mom and Steve decided to go off on their own to Quiet Cove so we parted company.



We popped into the Star Wars shop next to Fathoms and Emmaline saw the book of pins and decided wanted to do some pin trading, so we took her to trade some pins with the people in the shops and while there, I bought a t-shirt and Emmaline got a little set of Rapunzel play figures. Back in the room, we tried to figure out what to do next. I convinced Emmaline to give the club a try and go for the Rapunzel lantern making activity. She somewhat reluctantly went up there. She’s been not so keen on the clubs on our last couple of cruises. A crew member told me that 8 is a tough age for the club/lab.

While she was at the club, I ordered some room service for her return: All Hands on Deck platter (cheese and crackers), hot cookies and fruit. A few minutes after placing the order, there was a knock at the door. That was fast! I opened the door to find a crew member holding a single plate while she opened to reveal a plate full of chocolate covered strawberries. Wow! There was a note apologizing for the difficulties with the room. It was very nice of them. Then another 10 minutes or so and our room service was there. While Emmaline was gone, Roger and I made use of our alone time to watch cartoons on the stateroom TV. Heh.



An hour later, Emmaline wasn’t back, but I knew the craft would be done so I went up to check on her. She was playing some games on an iPad. I asked her if she wanted to come back and have some snacks and she did so she came back to the room and we all snacked while watching Rapunzel on the TV until it was time to go see Rapunzel the Musical in the Walt Disney Theatre.

After the show it was time for Officer Pin Trading outside the theatre and Emmaline traded all the pins she had wanted to trade. Pretty much every time we’re on board we get a new cache of pins. I’m pretty sure it’s about the trading and not the pins at this point. Though she did get some cool pins this time so I’m hoping I can convince her to keep some of these. She has a few she keeps each time.

After trading, we went to Fathoms to watch JunNk perform a variety show. They were really quite good. They had a similar thing going to Stomp with percussion elements, comedy, dance, and singing. It was a fun show. I would have liked to see them perform longer and in the big theatre. Hopefully on a future cruise they will be on board again. After that it was time for dinner and we were in Animator’s which is always a favorite. Even though she knows he’s coming, Emmaline still gets excited to see Sorcerer Mickey. Seeing her face light up, I might have gotten a little something in both my eyes…

Click here for Day 5. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland