Disney Magic 5-night Spring Break Cruise - Day 6 - Castaway Cay

Castaway Cay

The last day of the cruise is always so bittersweet. So much fun to be had, yet the packing and knowing it will be over soon is always in the back of my mind. It’s so hard!

The last two times we went to Castaway Cay, Roger ran the 5k and I stayed with Emmaline. This time, we asked my mom and Steve if they would stay with her so we could run together. We woke up and I tossed on my running clothes and went up to deck 9 to grab some snacks for us. When I got back, Emmaline was awake, despite my hope that she would sleep in a bit. My mom arrived at our room at 8 and we made our way to Fathoms to check in for the race. We checked in and waited until around 8:15 when they started the pre-race briefing.

At 8:30 we gathered together and disembarked the ship. First we all stopped at Scuttles Cove so that those with kids that needed to get dropped off could do that. Then we arrived at the start line and waited some more. I was glad I had a hefty snack. According to my GPS, we started the race at 8:55 AM. We were very lucky with the weather. It wasn’t too hot, maybe 70 degrees when we started. In case you're curious about the course, here's the map from my GPS watch:



A little under 30 minutes later we finished the race and took the tram back to the ship. By this point, Mom, Steve and Emmaline disembarked and we told them where to set up camp. On the ship, Roger and I changed into our swim suits, put on sunscreen and finished packing up our beach bag. By the time we disembarked the ship and got back on the tram and over to where my mom, Steve and Emmaline were, it was time for Mom and I to go to our parasailing excursion. We were so lucky with the weather. All day it was sunny and warm with almost no wind.

Parasailing was fantastic. Just being on the little boat out in the water with the incredible views of the island and the ship was a lot of fun. And the parasailing itself was really cool. The guys that did the excursion were really great as well. I’m super glad we did it.



After parasailing, we met back up with Roger, Steve and Emmaline and went to Cookies 2 for lunch. After lunch, Steve and Mom decided to go over to Serenity Bay and enjoy some time together over there. Roger and I took turns playing in the water and the sand with Emmaline. The water was a little chilly, but once you got used to it, it wasn’t too bad.

After awhile Mom and Steve went back on board. We stayed on the island a little while longer before headed back ourselves since we needed to get cleaned up and packed.

Once back on the boat, we ordered our usual All Hands On Deck platter from room service (I think this was our third order of the trip) while we took turns showering and some Mickey cartoons played on the stateroom TV. We worked on getting things packed up, which, due to the generosity of people in our Fish Extender group was proving to be difficult.

Ultimately we got most everything packed before going to the final show of the trip, Disney Dreams, which we’d seen twice before because it also plays on the Wonder (though it’s slightly different on the Wonder). We all enjoyed the show. After the show Emmaline went with my mom and Steve for a walk and Roger and I finished packing and then went for a walk around deck 4 and then a final visit to Shutters to make sure we wanted to keep our photo package we ordered. I had mixed feelings about it, but we were splitting the cost with my mom and Steve so it was a little more worth it. We tried to stick one of us in as many photos with them as possible so they could get them since it was tied to our room. In the end we still ended up with some of their photos (of just them), which was a nice little bonus for them.

Then it was time for our final dinner of the cruise. I liked the changes that they made to the final night’s meal. In particular, the mushroom pasta appetizer was amazing. I ordered a second helping! We finished our meal and went back to the room to get to sleep so that we could be up early to disembark.

Click here for Day 7. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland