Puerto Rico and Southern Caribbean Cruise Jan 2020 - Day 8 - At Sea

At Sea

Oh bittersweet day. Our only sea day this trip and a day full of fun but with the knowledge that it was our last day on board. I woke up at 7:45 and went up to the gym, finding my same little corner and doing a workout. I came back to the room around 8:45 and Roger and Emmaline were still sleeping so I went back to Deck 9 and had a croissant and some hot chocolate and read a book.


By 9:30 I was hungry for a real breakfast and went back to the room and woke everyone up and we all went and ate. At 10:15, Emmaline had a reservation to meet the princesses in the atrium so we went to that. I felt slightly wistful in that I suspect we are nearing the end of meeting princesses. After that I needed to shower (I was wandering around the ship apologizing to people for my workout aroma) and Emmaline wanted to go make a Mardi Gras mask in the French Quarter Lounge and Roger went with her to that. 



They returned to the room and Emmaline wanted to do the next activity there which was origami so Roger stayed behind and organized some things in the room to prepare to pack while Emmaline and I made origami frogs with one of her friends (our table mates’ daughter).


After origami we all went up to Deck 9 so Emmaline and her friend could attend the Descendants Dance Party, which ended up being in the hot sun and sort of lame anyway so the girls went off to each lunch together while Roger and I ate together. 

After lunch, we went down to watch Jack Jack’s Diaper Dash, which is always favorite. This particular race was probably some of the best baby racing we’ve seen yet. The first heat, in particular, was quite entertaining.  Even Donald watched the action.





After the crawling babies were done racing and victors had been crowned (the final was a tie) Roger went to the room to rest while I went to Guest Services to adjust our tips (we typically like to give our serving team additional gratuities). Meanwhile, Emmaline was still in Edge having fun (they played games, did some Just Dance and some karaoke - she loved Edge so much more than the clubs for the smaller kids). 

After I was done at Guest Services I went up to Cove and ordered a fancy coffee and Roger joined me after a bit. We left Cove and went back to the room where I worked on my trip report, we finished packing, and watched some stateroom TV. Later in the afternoon I attended a DVC (timeshare) presentation to earn us a $50 stateroom credit and Roger showered and hung out in the room. I returned to the room and we discussed DVC a bit before we decided we were hungry and went up to Deck 9 for some snacks. We ate and watched the end of Frozen on Funnel vision as the sun set.


After that we went down to look at our photos (including the aforementioned disastrous pirate night photos) before returning to the room where I worked some more on my trip report. Emmaline joined us around this time and we went to the Azure Lounge for a magic workshop with Kyle and Mistie. It was a little more show than workshop (we learned one trick) but it was still great. 

After that it was time for our final dinner of the cruise. Again, bittersweet! We said goodbye to our tablemates (they wouldn’t be joining us in the morning for breakfast) and went off to bed.

Click here for Day 9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 17 Copenhagen to Austin and Final Thoughts