Disneyland and Aulani Trip Report - Day 3 California Adventure

On Sunday we slept in then went to California Adventure around lunchtime. I feel like at this point I should mention what's going on with Emmaline since you'll see she's in a wheelchair in some of the photos. About a year ago Emmaline was diagnosed with hEDS (Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) which has been progressively getting worse. She often deals with fatigue and chronic pain and after her first day at Disneyland using her forearm crutches, she was just completely dead. She was in a lot of pain and was exhausted. So we rented a wheelchair for her on Sunday and Monday. She'll be starting PT this week and we have an appointment with a pain management team in Houston next month. Some days she's fine and some days she's not. But anytime she really active, she usually pays for it later. 

Back to the trip. We ate lunch and rode some rides before meeting up with my friend Annie again to hang out with her and ride some rides and enjoy 1901, the Club 33 at California Adventure. It was really nice to be able to take some time to recuperate and relax in a quiet space before going back out for more fun. We also got to enjoy World of Color, which is an amazing show. We finished the night back over at Disneyland, getting in a few more rides before we finished another late night. 



Some highlights of the day for me:

• Loki interacting with Emmaline. He was a good Loki and he's her favorite character right now so she was thrilled to see him and he spent a lot of time interacting with her. 


• The dude next to me on Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. I'm pretty sure his life flashed before his eyes. Poor guy had no idea what he was getting himself into. I was basically sitting next to this guy. I laughed so hard. 


• The Avengers shows in the Avengers campus section of the park. Everything was so well done. I loved it all. 

• All the little secrets, tidbits, photo ops, and hidden Mickeys that Annie shared with us. It was fun on both days to have someone with us with so much knowledge. 




• World of Color. Wow, what an amazing show. Annie told me it was her favorite and I can see why. It was phenomenal. 



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. And I'm sorry to hear that Emmaline is dealing with pain. I hope y'all find some good solutions soon. I am glad to see that y'all were still able to have a great vacation, as well as college planning!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

Disneyland and Aulani Trip Report - Days 1 and 2 Yucca Valley and Disneyland