Disneyland and Aulani Trip Report - Day 10 Windward Side and Home

It was our last day so we had a fairly leisurely morning. I went to another workout with trainer extraordinaire, Tyrus who took us through a beach kettlebell workout. Once again, his programming was top notch and the workout was accessible for all levels but also challenging. I showered and we finished packing, checking out pretty much on the dot at 11 AM. 

We drove to Cameo's parents house and dropped off baggage for safekeeping, picked up Jeff and we were off to the windward side of the island (east). Cameo stayed behind to spend some one on one time with her mom. Our first stop was to Island Snow, President Obama's favorite shave ice and also inexplicably, a clothing shop. Emmaline had her final shave ice of the trip. I was saving myself for a coffee.


After shave ice (and Jeff bought hat) we headed off to a recommended local coffee shop and had some really not great coffee that made me wish I'd had that last shave ice. Oh well, you win some you lose some and we helped a small business. After this, we made the drive to Byodo-In Temple. I have to say that this was my favorite portion of the island. The drive was absolutely breathtaking and if I ever came back, I would want to stay on this side of the island. I really just liked the scenery and the vibe so much.










Byodo-In was a beautiful temple in a breathtaking setting. There are also a number of different cemetery plots surrounding the entire area around Byodo-In. I'm really glad we took the trip. It was completely different and unique. We drove back, making a stop to pick up some local honey from Manoa Honey. We got a bottle for ourselves and a couple of extras as a gift. The macadamia nut honey is so good! I love buying honey from various places we visit and tasting how the different plants and flowers change the flavor of the honey.

We dropped off Jeff and picked up our luggage so we could make our red eye flight back to Austin. We had a direct flight home on Hawaiian Airlines, which was nice but the red eye is rough (though it's nice to have the last full day of sight seeing). We had a nice time, but it was also good to be home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

Disneyland and Aulani Trip Report - Day 3 California Adventure

Disneyland and Aulani Trip Report - Days 1 and 2 Yucca Valley and Disneyland