Southern California, Disneyland, a Half Marathon and the Desert - Day 1

Our flight left Austin around 9:30 in the morning. With the time adjustment, that meant that we arrived into San Diego around 10:30. My mom and her husband Steve picked us up at the airport. We headed up to north San Diego county closer to mom's house to have lunch. We ate in the harbor in Oceanside and walked around a bit.

We went back to mom and Steve's place and Roger and I took a short nap. After that, we went down to Carlsbad where I went for a short run (about a mile and a half) on a paved walkway along the beach. It was a beautiful run. I really enjoyed the cool weather, breeze and sound of the waves. I watched the surfers and the kids playing in the ocean as I did my last run before the race. That evening we ate dinner and celebrated my mom's birthday (Sept 17th).

All in all, it was a pretty low key day. It was nice to spend some time with my mom.

Click here for Day 2. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland