Southern California, Disneyland, a Half Marathon and the Desert - Day 5

Tuesday was a fairly lazy and uneventful day and my last day in California. We hung around and caught up with one another. We also took the bug out for a romp around the desert. Mimi has a 1965 VW bug. It has the top chopped off so it's a permanent "convertible." My dad drove and we checked out the extent of the fire damage.



We also drove into the nearest town, Yucca Valley, and ran a couple of errands. Later in the day I went for a short run. I ran down Mimi's "street" (narrow dirt road). It was nice running in another setting for a change and I enjoyed taking in the desert scenery. I saw the two houses burned down on her street. Well, I saw one. The other had already been removed and the site was ready for rebuilding.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland