Puerto Rico and Southern Caribbean Cruise - Day 1 - San Juan, PR

Travel to San Juan, Puerto Rico




Here we go on another cruise! This time we are off to San Juan Puerto Rico to spent two nights before embarking on the Disney Wonder for our 6th Disney Cruise, a 7-night Southern Caribbean adventure with ports of call in Tortola, St. Kitts, Curacao, and Aruba as well as two days at sea.

Our travel day started very early, with a 3 AM alarm. Unfortunately, both Roger and I had some problems sleeping so I think I had an hour of sleep and he had about 30 minutes. Our pre-scheduled Lyft arrived right on time at 4 AM and we had no issues at the airport with security or check-in.

The flight to Miami was uneventful. We all dozed a bit, then in Miami grabbed some food before boarding our connecting flight to San Juan. Once we landed in San Juan, we grabbed our baggage (which was pretty slow) and caught the shuttle to the car rental place where I ended up having to pay more money than I budgeted for because they required that I purchase insurance (since apparently my auto insurance doesn't cover Puerto Rico). Then they sold me the pre-paid tolls for $7/day.

On the way to our accommodations, we stopped by a grocery store to pick up a few things for breakfast the next two mornings. After some confusion with the parking, we finally settled into our AirBnB apartment. We were pretty tired and hungry so we went for some dinner at a restaurant a couple of blocks away. The meal was good but not amazing. I tried some mofongo (a local dish made with mashed savory plantains) and while I liked the flavor of my dish, it wasn't particularly hot.

After dinner, we returned to our apartment and fell into bed so that we would be ready for a full day of sightseeing the next day.

Click here for Day 2. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland