Puerto Rico and Southern Caribbean Cruise - Day 6 - At Sea

At Sea

We had planned to do laundry the afternoon prior, in St. Kitts, but we all know how that turned out. Instead I woke up early before Roger and Emmaline, tossed on some clothes, and made my way down the hall to the laundry on deck 2. There was a machine available so I popped my laundry in, set the timer on my watch, and went up to deck 9 with my book where I grabbed a croissant and fruit from Daisy's and a cup of hot cocoa from the drink station.

I parked myself with my book when, about 10 minutes in, I got an alert from the DCL app on my phone that the washer had stopped. Checking my watch, I saw that there was still about 20 minutes left on the cycle. Confused, I looked at my half eaten plate and wondered what to do. A few tables away, I saw a lady sitting and reading her book with her breakfast and I asked her if I could leave my items on her table so they wouldn't get cleared away by an efficient crew member. Leaving my book and plate I went down to check the laundry.

The washer was still merrily washing away (ah technology) so I went back up to deck 9. As I went to pick up my plate and book, the woman at the table commented on my book ("Becoming" by Michelle Obama) which led to a conversation. I sat down and we passed the time chatting about various things until it was time for me to switch the items to the dryer. I went down and swapped items then made my way back up and we continued our conversation. We had a nice chat and it turned out we both had 10 year old daughters and we made plans for them to meet up (which, regrettably never happened).

Eventually it was time for the dryer to be done so I went down and grabbed the laundry and took it back to the room. Roger was awake, but Emmaline was still catching up on sleep. We put away the clean clothes and eventually encouraged Emmaline to get up so we could be on time for breakfast as we had a character breakfast scheduled for Animator's Palate for 9:30 AM. After breakfast, Emmaline and I headed out to participate in Anna's Chocolate Chase, a sort of scavenger hunt whereby we're given a piece of paper with clues and we have to go all around the ship to find the locations and note down pictures we find there. Then we handed out some of our Fish Extender gifts. By 11:30 we were back at the room to regroup.

At 11:45 it was our assigned time for our princess meet and greet. I presume that one day Emmaline will be done meeting princesses but apparently we aren't there yet so we went and met Cinderella, Tiana, Belle and Arial in the atrium. After that she wanted to finish delivering the Fish Extender gifts so we did that. When we were done, we went back to the room to figure out what to do next. Emmaline saw on the Navigator that Daisy was greeting so she went off to do that then when she got back, we went to Cabana's for lunch at 12:30.

After lunch, we saw that there was a craft to make wind chimes in the Promenade Lounge at 1:00 so Emmaline and I went to do that. While there, we sat with a friend she had previously met at the meet and greet and we all chatted and had a good time. At 1:45 it was time to head over to D Lounge for Talent Show prep. Emmaline had choreographed a dance/light gymnastics routine that she would be performing. Previously when she did the talent show there was a full slate of sign-ups, but this time there were only four acts, including hers, with the other three being from the same family. After the talent show rehearsal, we had our assigned meet and greet with Anna and Elsa so we went to Animator's Palate to do that.

After that, Emmaline went off to the kids club to play for a couple of hours and Roger and I went and got some coffee at Cove Cafe. We chatted and also read our books a little bit while there which was relaxing. Emmaline was done around 4:00 and we all had some snacks on deck 9 before I took Emmaline to the Promenade Lounge to play games with her friends for about an hour (they have a variety of board games there).

By then it was time for the show so we grabbed our popcorn bucket and made our way to the Walt Disney Theatre for "Frozen: A Musical Spectacular." We had never seen this show before, it being added after our last sailing aboard the Wonder. I was actually really impressed with it. In fact, I enjoyed it more than I did the Rapunzel show on the Magic (which is funny because as a movie and story I prefer Rapunzel to Frozen). After the show, we high-tailed it out of there straight to the D-Lounge for the talent show. Emmaline did a great job with her dance (even though they had a little technical issue with her music and she had to start again).



After the talent show, we changed for dinner and went for the first time to Tiana's Place, which was also added after our last sailing on the Wonder. It looks fantastic and the music was also a lot of fun. We had a really great time dining there. Tonight there was no show at dinner so she and her table mate friend headed off for the kid's club to play while the adults finished up. After we were done, we picked her up (much to her dismay) so that we could get some sleep and be fresh for our excursion the next day.

Click here for Day 7.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 17 Copenhagen to Austin and Final Thoughts