9-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy Day 3 - Day At Sea

Friday July 22 - Sea Day

I woke up at 6:30 and quietly changed into my running clothes (I had laid them out in the bathroom the night before). I slipped out and went for a run on deck 4. It was a beautiful sunny morning and deck 4 was hopping. It was probably the most people I’ve ever seen up on deck 4 in the morning. I couldn’t believe it. I probably saw 50+ different people walking and running up there in the 45 min or so that I was up there. It made me think of a recent thread on the DIS about the Wish not having a continuous running track. There were quite a few people on the thread who seemed to indicate it didn’t matter much because it really wasn’t used by that many people. I guess they have never been on a 9-night with 3 sea days because it was crazy. 

After that, I made my way up to deck 11 for a quick snack while I waited for Roger and Emmaline to wake up. Once they were up, I went back to the room to meet up with them and we all went up to breakfast at Cabanas. After breakfast, we all went back to the room and cleaned up for the day. While I showered and got ready, Emmaline watched ads on the TV for Adventures By Disney and dreamed of all the places she wants to go on vacation next. Meanwhile our wallets cried from inside the safe.

Then Roger went for a walk on deck 4 (he said it was still nuts and this was at 10 AM) while Emmaline and I delivered more of our FE gifts. At 11 we had to make a choice: Facebook group ice cream social or DVC Member celebration in D Lounge. None of us were super hungry for ice cream at 11 AM so we went to the Member event. It was packed. I was so surprised! I think it was the free drinks (which we skipped). They played a sort of silly Family Feud style game show and then Captain Minnie came out. It was done at 11:30 and on our way out of there we ran into Thor so we took a quick photo and decided to go see if the ice cream social was still going on. It was so we had a little bit of ice cream with all the crazy toppings people had brought. It was fun and a cute idea, but the timing was off. Again. It’s so hard to plan activities on land when you don’t know what the schedule will be once onboard. 

At noon we hung out for a few minutes up on deck 11 because they said they were going to be playing a bunch of the ship horns, so we waited for that. After the horns, we went to Cabana’s for lunch. After lunch we split up again and Emmaline went to Vibe while Roger and I went to O’Gills and did origami, which was listed as adult only (as a lot of activities in O’Gills were) but there were definitely kids there so I have no idea what was up with that. After we finished the super easy origami, we returned to the room and had a bit of a rest. We accidentally rested way longer than we anticipated and after that needed some caffeine so we made our way to Cove Cafe for a little afternoon pick me up. We relaxed there for a while and had a snack as well until it was time for Pixar Trivia where Emmaline met up with us. As with all the trivias it was super specific and weird stuff and we did terrible but it was fun anyway. After the trivia, we returned to the room to reorganize ourselves and start to get ready for the evening and formal night. The show that night was Aladdin which we really enjoyed (never having seen it before since this was our first time on the Fantasy). 


After the show, we returned to the room quickly to finish getting ready before taking some photos in our formal outfits. Dinner was after that in Enchanted Garden and we had the standard rotational menu. After dinner Emmaline went to Vibe and then karaoke and then Edge while Roger and I attended the adult magic show with Eric Jones in The Tube. It was a good show and I was looking forward to his performance in the main theatre the next day. 

Click here for the next day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland