9-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy Day 4 - Day At Sea

Saturday July 23 - Sea Day

I woke up at 6:15 AM and felt like I should sleep in or something because vacation. So I went back to sleep and woke up an hour later. I got up and quietly donned my running costume and went up to deck 4 where it was once again absolutely packed with people. I didn’t feel like only running so I made myself a little workout. One lap of run, then ten pushups, ten squats, ten dips (there was a little bench I stopped near) and ten lunges, then back to the run which I did as sprint on the port side, easy on the starboard side. I did this whole circuit five times total after a warmup lap and then finished with a cool down lap. 

Ordinarily, in the beforetimes, I would have gone to the gym, but we were trying to limit unmasked time inside to ensure we would stay healthy the whole cruise so I didn’t want to do that. And on this morning, I was so glad I was outside because as I was turning around to the bench to start my dips, there, in front of me was a huge rainbow. My dips and lunges completely forgotten I stood there and admired it, then pulled out my phone for a few photos. A lady turned to see what I was staring at and did a double take and pulled hers out, then a few more people pulled up and marveled. Then we were all off again and when I came around for the next lap, it was gone. Just that one perfect moment with the sun and sea spray and then gone.

I grabbed a quick snack on deck 11 and then went back to the room to shower. I showered and Roger went up for a run then when he returned we all went up for breakfast. After breakfast at Cabanas we regrouped in the room and before setting out on the first of the Photo Challenge Scavenger Hunt worksheets. We picked one up every day at the Port Adventures desk and they had little photos of different things we needed to find around the ship. We ultimately did 7 worksheets and they were a different theme each day. We had pictures, carpets, signs, doors, lights, statues, and crew uniforms. It was a lot of fun! 


Then it was time for something we’ve never done (and hasn’t been done on this ship since sailings resumed after the pandemic) - the Gold and Platinum Castaway Member celebration. At 11 we went to the Walt Disney Theatre (free drinks for those that wanted them and they showed us a scene from Aladdin from the night before. Then after that, they put up all the lights and did the scene again showing all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on to make the scene happen. Then after that we were able to ask the technical crew (lights, sounds, costumes, etc.) questions. It was so cool and one of the highlights of the sailing for me for sure! 

We did a little more work on our scavenger hunt before lunch since we weren’t super hungry yet. Then we had lunch at Cabana’s and Emmaline went off to Edge and Roger and I worked on the scavenger hunt. Then we loaded up our popcorn bucket and went to the Walt Disney Theatre to watch Lightyear. It was cute, not amazing, but fun. After the movie, we finished off the scavenger hunt pictures, met up with Hook along the way (he was roaming the ship a lot during the cruise). Then it was time for more trivia. We did both Marvel and Villains quotes. We did pretty good at Marvel trivia actually. We didn’t win (the winners only missed one question, which sort of boggles my mind). Then it was time for snacks. (It’s always time for snacks on a cruise ship…) At 6:15 we went to Eric Jones’ show in the Walt Disney Theatre, which I enjoyed more than his adult only show. We went back to the room where Emmaline did some of her physical therapy exercises. She gets bonus points on the balance exercises for doing them on a moving vessel. I worked on my trip report notes a little bit and then we went to dinner in Royal Court. It was a standard rotational menu on this night. One of our favorites. After that we did a little shopping in the shops before going to bed. 

Click here for the next day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland