10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

At Sea

It’s another day at sea. And this time without laundry (don’t worry, more laundry is coming). Which is good because the day was jam-packed with activities we wanted to do. I woke up at 6:30 and headed to the gym. I found a tiny little piece of real estate and I did a BODYCOMBAT. I had already started learning the chorey for the next release I would be teaching and I knew it somewhat and so I put on the masterclass and listened, but didn’t watch (there really wasn’t any way to watch anyway). I’m sure people thought I was a weirdo punching and kicking in a little corner. It wouldn't be the last time I'd eke out a little corner to punch nothing for an hour.

After that I went back to the room and showered and put on my pajamas. Yes, my pajamas. It was time for our FB cruise meet group pajama breakfast. We all descended on Royal Palace at 8 AM decked out in our jammies for breakfast. It was a lot of fun and some families went all out in matching PJs. Emmaline ate breakfast with her friends and we ended up eating breakfast with the parents of one of her new friends. 

After breakfast we all changed into regular clothes and Emmaline disappeared to Vibe. Roger and I started working the day’s photo scavenger hunt: carpets. Then at 11 AM it was time for our special Gold, Platinum and Pearl behind the scenes of Beauty and the Beast in the Walt Disney Theatre. We got to view a scene from the show with all the house lights up hearing all the communications of the stage crew. We were able to have the experience on the Fantasy on the 9-night last year. It’s something special they do only on the longer cruises. This time, though, we got to see the camera feeds from under the stage that they use for the lifts that come up onto the stage. It was super cool. 

After that we had lunch out on the pool deck. It wasn’t exactly warm but we weren’t out there long. After lunch Roger and I went to the Mickey 200 while Emmaline was in Vibe having a Q&A session with some members of the cast of the shows from the Walt Disney Theatre. She said it was really cool and now had the Disney casting website bookmarked for future use. 

Roger was excited for the return of the Mickey 200 in which we could build race cars out of root vegetables and let them plummet down a ramp (often with hilariously disastrous results for the vehicles). Our team (“The Evil Speed Queens”) did not win the day but we had a lot of fun watching vegetable cars crash and see pieces of produce fly everywhere.


After that Roger and I went to an adult only talk by two members of the DCL creative team. There were some interesting moments and tidbits, but large portions of it was more “and then I designed this show and then I designed this show.” I mean, these were clearly really creative people but I felt like I wanted just a little more from it. At the end of the panel when everyone stood up I noticed my favorite DCL crew member was in the audience. It was Darrell! We met him on the Magic in 2015 and have always enjoyed talking to him on our cruises through the years. He’s currently on a break from the Wish and on vacation with his spouse who works here on the Dream. 

I dragged him along to dance class in Evolution and we talked Zelda along the way. That’s how we met: Roger, Emmaline and I were dressed as characters from the Legend of Zelda on our Halloween cruise and Darrell is a huge fan. Emmaline also came to dance class (Roger wandered off to take a walkabout) and we all learned a piece of “You Got a Friend In Me” from The Golden Mickeys show from the dance coordinator onboard. I did not learn it very quickly, partly because there were a lot of people, not much room and it was hard to see. But we still had a lot of fun. After that we went our separate ways and Roger and I had some coffee before making our way back to the room where we spotted some dolphins. We didn’t see much other than some fins, but Emmaline later told us she saw them leaping out of the water. 

Then we relaxed and I made some notes for my trip reports and started working on writing up some of the previous ones. I also did a little work learning my BODYCOMBAT choreography since I’ll need to be ready to teach it when I get back home. At 4:30 it was time for a drawing class, which I was happy to find was something I’d never drawn before: a little toy story alien toy (“the claaaaaaaaaaw”). I think my little guy came out pretty well. Roger sat there for a few minutes and then wandered off. I caught up to him at mini golf when I was done with my drawing. (I went back through and picked up the holes I had missed.) We tied. After mini golf we grabbed a bowl of fruit for a snack then returned the room and relaxed and watched cartoons on the tv until it was time for dinner. 

For dinner we were in Enchanted Garden and since we were past the main three rotational menus, we started getting some “regional inspiration” items on the menus, which we haven’t seen since Alaska and really enjoy. After dinner we went to “Songbook at Sea” with Steven Weller. He’s performed all around the world in various shows and is currently performing the role of Maurice in Beauty and the Beast onboard. He did a variety of pieces, some were more successful than others but it was entertaining.

After that was the main stage show with Greta Salome. She is a singer and violin player and represented Iceland in Eurovision twice, apparently. I didn’t really know what to expect but her show was absolutely wonderful and we all really enjoyed it. I highly recommend looking her up. She was also involved in some of the music for Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga, which is really fun if you haven’t seen it. 

After that we returned to the room and puttered about, getting things ready for the next day’s adventures, until it was time for the new Colorspin Dance Party. I don’t know what to say about this party. I was pretty excited after the lady hyped it up at the talk earlier in the day but I thought it was a little boring, to be honest. The pirate party is more fun. Even without fireworks. Maybe it plays better at night in the dark? But at 10:15 in Iceland, it’s not even remotely close to dark. The colorful track suits were cute, though. And Mickey had on an awesome little outfit. 


We were tired so back to the room and into bed we went, ready to have fun in Iceland the next day. 

Click here for Day 8.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland