10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 9 At Sea

At Sea

As I mentioned previously, when we first learned this port day was changed to a sea day, we were all really disappointed, upset, and angry. Pretty sure I went through all the stages of grief. Yes, I know there are bigger problems in the world (I should know with all the personal tragedy in my life over the last couple of years) but we were still disappointed. 

It’s funny to look back on it and we all really felt like things worked out really well. We got the horseback riding in and while it made for a long day, the terrain we were in was way cooler than the terrain we were originally going to be riding in Isafjordur. I’ve written before that I don’t really subscribe to an “everything happens for a reason” worldview and I prefer Amy Mann’s “we look back and make the reason” but I think in this case things worked out just fine. 

Onward! My day started at 7 AM and notes for this morning are as follows:

  1. laundry
  2. light breakfast
  3. laundry
  4. work out (BODYCOMBAT practice)
  5. laundry
  6. work out (strength training)
  7. laundry
  8. second breakfast

Sorry, I don't have a scenic view of the laundry room to post. We were back in the room at 10 AM for a shower (me), a rest (Roger) and off to Vibe (Emmaline). After that we worked on the photo scavenger hunt for the day before it was time for a little lunch (just Roger and me; Emmaline was off with her Vibe friends) and then Roger and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie in the Walt Disney Theatre. The movie was fun and very big with the nostalgia factor (bugs! snakes (sort of)! car chases! airplanes! Nazis!).

After the movie we were officially in the Arctic Circle, having passed into it at around 3 PM. Roger and I celebrated by having some coffee at either Cove or Vista. I can’t remember. Probably Vista because every time we tried to go to Cove it was absolutely bonkers crazy busy. This trip had a lot more adults and fewer young children than any cruise we’ve ever been on. After that we finished up the scavenger hunt and turned it in. Then we returned to the room and relaxed and I worked a bit on my trip report. (I don't think the photo below is the scavenger hunt from this day, but I don't think I took a photo of it on this particular day and this post is really lacking in photos so here's one of a different day as filler. You're welcome.)

At 6 PM it was time for dinner, back in Animator’s Palate which was not the animation show as I would have expected. Again, we had more regional inspirations on the menu, which was fun and most welcome. After dinner we returned to the room and relaxed and also got all our things organized for our port day the next day. (Here's another random photo. This was our towel animal that night.)

The show for the evening was Danny Buckler and he was a magician and comedian. His show was actually pretty good. Though, as someone on our cruise group pointed out, nobody really compares after Greta Salome. And it was true. The other acts just didn’t hold up well after seeing her. We still enjoyed this show well enough, though.

Click here for Day 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland