4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston - Day 2 At Sea

At Sea

I usually get up early and go to the gym or running on Deck 4. I must have been really tired because I slept all the way until 7:30 which is really unusual for me. I rolled out of bed, tossed on my workout costume and headed for the gym which was dead. Only about four other people were there. Weird. I did my workout there while Roger ran on Deck 4 and then went back to the room and showered. We got Emmaline up and went to breakfast at Lumiere’s. 

After breakfast Emmaline went to meet up with her friends, Roger went to the room and I decided to go to drawing class. It said that it was going to be Mickey. Even though I have taken a Mickey drawing class before I figured it was always good to practice. I was happy to find that this was a slightly different version of Mickey and I was also a little disappointed to find that it wasn’t a live teacher doing the class, but instead a video. Womp womp. I get that they can’t always have members of the entertainment team that can draw really well teaching, but I have to say I have a hard time with the videos. They are like “keep it light and sketchy” but the dude in the video is keeping it light and sketchy too and it’s really hard to see what he’s doing about 80% of the time. I actually get more out of the little board they put up with the steps. I was pretty happy with how my Mickey came out and I ended up practicing my Mickey at other opportunities throughout the rest of the cruise. 

I returned to the room and Roger and I looked at the Navigator to make plans for the day while Emmaline got changed to go swimming with her friends. We decided to start at O’ Gills to see what the craft was. It was dumb so we left and instead went to the Vibe open house at 11:00 and played some old Donkey Kong and Ms. Pac Man arcade cabinets. 

After that we went to Imagineering Trivia in O’ Gills, which we didn’t win but also didn’t do too badly at. Then it was time for lunch. We decided to go for the sit down lunch in Rapunzel’s. (Emmaline went back to the room and showered and then had lunch with her friends.) After lunch it was time for a little rest so we returned to the room and relaxed a bit. After rest it was time for an afternoon coffee so we went up to Cove and got some coffee that we enjoyed in the Quiet Cove adult area. Someone we had cruised with before came along and we chatted with him briefly. 

After our coffee break we went back to the room and organized our things for the excursion for the next day before it was time for the next trivia. It was a trivia-heavy cruise. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen so much trivia on a single Navigator before. I guess different cruise directors have different things they pick for entertainment. I don’t know. This time it was Disney Food Trivia. That was fine and we did a little better than I would have thought. Then it was time for more drawing. This time it was Olaf and Emmaline and her friends were also there along with our table mates so I sat with them. Olaf was harder than I anticipated but I still feel okay about it for my first attempt. 

Emmaline went off with her friends and I went up to Deck 9 and got some snacks to hold me until our late dinner. The show for the evening was Twice Charmed which, like Rapunzel, we hadn’t seen in five years so we went to see it again and it was cuter than I remembered so that was nice. Emmaline went with her friends so Roger and I went together and then went to Keys to listen to some piano music before dinner. 

Dinner was in Rapunzel’s that night. It’s funny because none of us remembered the menu and couldn’t remember what we ordered when we went to Rapunzel’s for the first time in 2018. Not our favorite menu, but actually I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. After dinner Emmaline went off with her friends but I cautioned her about staying out too late since we had a long excursion day planned. Roger and I decided to check out “Majority Minds” in Fathoms. We had seen the tail end of the game once before and it looked fun. The club host calls out a category and each team writes down what they think the majority of the people in the room will also choose for that. So for example, one of them (that we actually got) was “sexiest celebrity” and we picked Ryan Gosling and many others did too making him the most popular for that category so we got a point. Another one was “most annoying song.” The winner was “Baby Shark” but I can’t remember what we put. 

After that we went back to the room and got into bed and Emmaline came in not long after. 

Click here for Day 3.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 17 Copenhagen to Austin and Final Thoughts

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable