4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston - Day 4 At Sea

I actually really like sea days. When I was a new cruiser, I wasn't so sure about them, but now I find that they can bring a nice balance between activities and relaxation. I woke up at 7 AM before anyone else, put on my workout gear and headed for the gym. It was surprisingly not busy once again. I found a piece of real estate, of which there is quite a lot compared to the larger ships in Disney's fleet. The gym on "The Classics" is definitely the best with the best view. 

After my workout I went up to Deck 9 to grab a snack since Roger was just beginning his run, having slept in a bit. Around 9 AM I went back to the room and showered then Roger returned and showered and then we went to breakfast at Cabana's. 



After breakfast we returned to the room to regroup before setting out for Star Wars trivia. Emmaline went off to hang out with her friends. We didn't do too badly at Star Wars trivia (but not good either). Then it was time for another drawing class, this time BB8. BB8 is a lot of circles and lines. Honestly, not my favorite character to draw but good practice for circles, I guess? 


I also practiced my Mickey and even colored him in with some of the markers they had out for coloring. They pretty much had coloring pages and markers out in Soul Cat most of the time during the day, which I thought was brilliant. Especially on this day because as the day wore on, the weather got colder and colder and the seas got rougher and rougher and eventually they closed the pools because the water was sloshing all over making waves. 

Roger left a little early to stake out a spot for Jack Jack's Incredible Diaper Dash. It's definitely a favorite activity of ours. This was actually a pretty good race this time. There were enough crawling babies that we were able to have three heats of four babies each and then each of the winning babies got to race in a final.


After laughing ourselves silly at the baby racing, we went to lunch in Rapunzel's. It's funny how little we ate at Cabana's on this cruise. Only on embarkation day for lunch and then for breakfast on our port day. We had a nice little lunch at Rapunzel's and then returned to the room to relax and then begin to pack. Four night cruises don't go by quite as fast as three night cruises, but after cruising for nine and ten nights on previous cruises, it feels pretty quick! 

At 2 PM we headed out again for more activities. We actually grabbed a table in Soul Cat Lounge and pretty much just hung out there for about two hours. First we did Disney Parks Trivia Level 2. Uh, no. We were not great at it. I'm okay at Disney Parks trivia until the answer is something at an overseas park, then I'm clueless. 

After Disney Parks Trivia Level 2 I ordered us some coffee and zeppoli (singular would be zeppole), which is apparently an Italian equivalent to a beignet. They do cost extra, but not overly much and they tasted nice with the coffees. While we ate those, we participated in Marvel Trivia, which we actually did pretty well at, surprisingly. However, we did not win. Then it was time to learn to draw Groot, which was actually Baby Groot. Mine ended up looking more like Teen Groot. Oh well. (Did I mention this was a trivia and drawing heavy cruise, in terms of the activities on offer?) 



We returned to the room around 4 PM and I ran up to deck 9 because I hadn't eaten nearly enough food that day, apparently (it had been a whole two hours, people, and this is vacation). We relaxed in the room, I made some notes for my trip report and we did a little more organizing and packing. At 5:30 PM we went down to Soul Cat Lounge again to see Soul Duo play. We've been on a fair number of cruises where they have been performing so it was nice to see them again. After their set we said hello and they actually recognized us, which is hilarious. We chatted for a few minutes and they are super nice people. 


At 6 PM we went up to Vibe for open house because we wanted to play some more Donkey Kong (Roger) and Ms. Pac-Mac (me). We were there for about 30 minutes before returning to the room to chill for a bit. I think I started writing my trip report and Roger may have flipped through the TV a bit. We had decided to skip the show for the evening (Disney Dreams) but Emmaline went with her friends. It's a good show but that one we have seen quite a few times. 

At 7:30 PM we found a spot in Fathoms to see Vivienne Carlyle who we had seen in two of the shows in the Walt Disney Theatre (Lady Tremaine and Mother Gothel) and was fabulous. She did a show of various Disney songs and was really quite great. After her show, it was time for dinner for our final night, which was in Lumiere's, one of our favorite menus. After dinner, Emmaline went off with her friends and we returned to the room, finished organizing our things, filled out the survey and went to bed since we had to get up early for disembarkation and drive home the following morning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 17 Copenhagen to Austin and Final Thoughts

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable