3-night cruise on the Disney Wish - Day 4 Castaway Cay

Castaway Cay (but again, staying on board) 

Roger’s plan was to run the Castaway Cay 5k so he got up at 7:15 to eat a light breakfast before disembarking at 8:30. I slept in until 7:30 and then hit the gym again. I would have preferred to run on deck, but as I mentioned before, that isn’t really an option on the Wish. So instead I hopped on a spin bike and did a quick ride. 

When I came back to the room, Roger was getting changed to head off the ship and told me that it was really windy, like cups were blowing away during breakfast outside. I didn’t have a good feeling about our Parasailing chances. I got Emmaline up so we could eat breakfast just in case our Parasailing excursion was on. As we were about to leave the room for breakfast, we got a message through the DCL app that parasailing was canceled. Sigh. It was canceled on us in July as well. I’ve been before (with my mom) but Emmaline hasn’t and she’s now been cancelled on twice. We plan to go to Aulani next year so we’ll try there. 

Emmaline and I ate a leisurely breakfast (in the wind) and then returned to the room and met back up with Roger when he was done with his run. Had I known our excursion would be canceled, I would have run with Roger, especially since there’s a brand new medal! 


With the ship completely empty, we decided to hit the pool deck and give the Aqua Mouse a try. The ride was a walk-on, but they were requiring two riders per raft due to the wind so Roger and I took turns riding with Emmaline. She got to ride four times and we rode two times each. Then Roger got a snack while Emmaline and I hung out in a pool and watched “The Little Mermaid” on the funnel vision. 

Around 11:00 we all went back to the room and took showers before going up to Marceline Market and the pool deck for lunch. Emmaline and Roger opted for food on the pool deck while I picked up a few things from Marceline. Unfortunately, what I got wasn’t very good so I had a pretty light lunch. 

After lunch we went to one of the movie theatres to watch “Wakanda Forever” which was good but not as good as the first movie. We all felt a little overloaded with fights and death and *possible spoilers ahead* especially after the losses of the past year and a half was a lot to handle.

After the movie I wanted a snack since my lunch was so light so we went up to the pool deck and I got a veggie sausage and some fries (sometimes our “snacks” are more like meals but it’s okay because vacation). After snacking, we returned to the room to begin packing up. These 3-day cruises feel so short! Emmaline went to Vibe to see what was going on there. 

After packing, we decided to go back to the shops to see if they were open since we had left port. We were hoping they would be less crowded. They were and we were able to browse around a bit before it was time for the show. The stage show on this final night was “Aladdin” which we had seen on the Fantasy in July, but wanted to see again. I love Aladdin and I love the way the Genie brings in references to current pop culture. I think it was my favorite of the three shows. It’s bright and colorful and fun and I love all the songs. 

After the show we went to Luna to try a Villains game which ended up being Hollywood Squares with pre-recorded Villains on the big screen. I was decked out in my Maleficent shirt, a mask with villains, Maleficent earrings (and my Haunted Mansion purse - can’t win em all). I was selected to participate in the game which was, unfortunately, not as fun as it could have been. The questions were either ridiculously easy or impossibly hard and they didn’t all have to do with the villains, which was kind of a bummer. 

After that, we went to dinner. The final night’s meal was in Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure (that certainly rolls off the tongue). Again, we had a show and, for the most part, it didn’t feel overly long and obtrusive and Emmaline was delighted by Oaken wandering around the dining room.

After dinner we returned to the room to finish packing while Emmaline went to some kind of goodbye thing in the atrium (Grand Hall?). She took a bunch of selfies with the characters and met the actor who played Eric in The Little Mermaid and apparently fangirled out. 

She came back and we got ready for bed. Emmaline wanted to go to late night karaoke, but we had to get up early in the morning so I told her to skip and while she did go bed, I got to hear the next day all about how her Vibe friends ended up going and had such a great time and she wasn’t there. Okay, maybe I should have let her go (it’s vacation after all) but I also hate getting a tired and cranky teenager out of bed on the last morning of vacation.

Click here for Day 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland