"I Am Here"

Just by happenstance the squat track I'm teaching right now in BODYPUMP is "I Am Here" by P!nk. It's become a perfect embodiment of where I am with my classes right now. That is to say, I am triumphantly in each and every single moment with my classes since my diagnosis. Not that I wasn't before, really, but there's definitely a new awareness of each moment that I get to share my passion with my people.

Each of those moments is a moment that I am present and alive and taking absolutely nothing for granted. And while most of my participants don't know what's going on, I've really been pressing upon them the importance of being present for their workout as well. For being here in the moment and really embracing what their bodies are capable of.

It's an incredible privilege that I have to be able to move my body in the way that I do now and to be able to share that with other people. And I know I'm going to miss it when I will need to step back for a few weeks in February. But I also know that I will be back. I will gain back my strength. And while I'm avoiding any cliches of being "stronger than before" or anything like that, I do know that I will feel like I have come out the other side of something. 

In the meantime, I'm going to continue to be there for my participants. Because "I can think of one thousand places much worse than this."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 7 At Sea

Fitness Instructor Journey, Part 4: Unbreakable

10-Night France, Iceland, and Norway Cruise - Day 8 Reykjavik, Iceland